8 Mins Read
Why is one business owner able to generate over $95,000 in sales and revenue…
.. despite spending only $10,000 on advertising and traffic?
While another business owner only brings in $23,000 for her business… with a similar advertising spend of $10,000.
What caused this sharp difference?
Answer: The copy that the business owners use… to persuade and convince potential customers.
If you are a business owner who wants more leads, sales, and customers…
then pay attention, because here’s what a compelling, persuasive piece of copy should have:
- An attention-grabbing headline
- Benefit-driven bullet points
- A clear and direct call-to-action
Something like this…Or this…
In this article, we’re going to reveal how you can create a powerful piece of copy that grabs visitors by the collar, engages them to learn more about your products and services… and…
Motivates them to buy your stuff!
Because… as business owners… that’s what we’re going for after all!
MORE SALES. MORE CUSTOMERS. MORE PROFITS.
And being able to create a powerful piece of copy is what will get us there.
How do we get started creating our copy? We first begin with…
1) An Attention-Grabbing Headline
To be specific, there are 3 types of headlines:
- Benefit-driven headline
- Curiosity headline
- News headline
Here’s an example of a benefit-driven headline:
The biggest benefit is featured in the main headline:
“59.4% yield in just 3 years!”
It tells the readers what they can expect from this company… and gives them a reason to sign up and learn more.
Here’s another example of a benefit-driven headline:
Once again, the benefit is extremely direct in the headline…
If the reader sends them a referral, they would get a…
Benefit-headlines are great because they give the reader an incentive…
a clear reason… to take action.
It lets the reader know they will be rewarded for their time and effort.
Thus, it increases the engagement and interest in whatever your business is offering!
Here’s an example of a curiosity headline:
As you can see from this page, people will be wondering to themselves…
“What is this ONE SIMPLE SECRET?”
“What exactly is this secret that allows the product creator to make money online?”
When you have these curiosity hooks in place, people become curious about your business… products… and services.
So how do you create a curiosity headline?
Here are 3 simple ways to do that:
- State a benefit about your product or service. But…
- Don’t reveal WHAT makes this benefit possible. Use it to TEASE the reader. And…
- Make this secret sound simple and easy, so readers think they too can achieve it without much effort!
You have successfully created a curiosity headline that gets people interested in your product… and dying to find out more about it!
Here’s an example of a news-driven headline:
A news-driven headline sounds just like it was freshly printed off…
In the above example, the headline contains a sub-element that states:
“Scientists Discover Rare Weight-Loss Wonder Herb”
This makes the headline look like a news article, announcing something special or a unique discovery nobody knows about!
Here’s another example of a news-driven headline:
Similarly, in this case, the headline contains characters like…
“Ex-Retail Owner And College Dropout”
This makes it feel like a news story printed off the tabloids, and gives the headline extra engagement power!
So if you want to make your headlines news-based, here’s how you do it:
- Add characters, people, or names to it… to make it feel like a tabloid article
- Mention new discoveries or secrets that people don’t know about
- Add in authority figures like “scientists”, “experts”, “millionaires”
So there you have it…
The 3 types of headlines you can use to grab attention!
Benefit driven headline… Curiosity headline… News headline.
With that in place, we then start telling our readers more about our business and products.
And we do that using…
2) Benefit-Driven Bullet Points
An example of good bullet points from Callnerds.com
Why do we need bullet points?
If we just write in normal sentences or paragraphs, wouldn’t that feel neater… and… more professional?
Writing in normal sentences makes your writing feel more professional. But…
Our goal here is to…
GET MORE LEADS AND SALES!
And it has been proven time and time again that…
- Bullet points capture people’s attention and make it easier for them to read
- Bullet points draw in people who are just scanning through
- Bullet points are less taxing and intimidating on the eyes, and that is why…
It’s easier to use bullet points to persuade and convince our customers!
Whether you’re wanting more leads, sales, or customers…
Here are 3 types of bullet points you can use to achieve that!
Bullet Point Variation #1: What They Get?
As you can see from the example above…
The bullet points simply state what the reader will GET from the product.
- Free coaching
- A supportive online community to help them in their weight loss journey
- A proven weight loss program
This immediately informs the reader what benefits are in store for them, and gives them a good reason to sign up for your product or service.
If your product or service has some amazing features that could benefit your customers…
Then use this variation of bullets to attract more leads and sales.
Bullet Point Variation #2: What They Learn (“How…”)
Unlike the previous bullet-point example (what they get)…
This variation focuses on what they will LEARN.
This type of bullet points work best when you’re offering information… or… content-related products.
Specifically, you want to use the word “How” in your bullets, because…
- It lets the reader know what they will be learning, and how they can benefit
- It promises that you’ll teach them something cool or valuable…
- And thus they’re signing up to learn this information they never knew about!
If you are promoting content, information… or sharing something unique and special…
Then use “how” bullets to get people interested!
Bullet Point Variation #3: Struggles They Avoid
If you notice the bullet points in the example above, you would see that…
They focus a lot on the pain you could avoid!
- Without working hard
- Without investing more money
- Without taking on dangerous risks
So if you have a product or service that could help the customer achieve certain benefits… without having to go through any struggles or effort…
Then state that upfront.
Use the magical word “WITHOUT”…
So people know that this is simple, fuss-free, and hassle-free for them!
With these 3 bullet-point variations…
You would be able to appeal to a wide range of people, hence making your copy more persuasive.
This would get you more sales and leads with ease… only if… You know how to close them!
What does that mean?
Welcome to the final step of this article, which is…
3) Having a Clear and Direct Call-to-Action
This is actually the most important step of all, but…
It’s also the simplest!
- It’s important because if you don’t have a clear call-to-action… all your efforts spent writing awesome headlines and bullets will be wasted
- Since you are spending money on traffic and advertising… It’s important that you close as many leads and sales as you can, to maximize your profits
- This is also the simplest step, because… you just need to be clear and direct on what the reader needs to do!
Want the simple, secret formula for writing winning call-to-actions?
Here it is:
Step 1: Give them a reason or incentive to take action
Step 2: Tell them exactly what to do (subscribe/ buy/ sign up)
Take this example below:
Here’s how they put this 2-step formula into action:
- They give you a reason to sign up, by telling you that this offer is limited and will NOT last forever
- They tell you exactly what to do… which is to “Apply Now!”
Here’s another example:
Similarly, here’s how they apply the 2-step formula…
To create a clear and direct call-to-action:
- They give a good reason to sign up (free, no obligation. On the next screen after you sign up, you get to send 5 documents for free)
- They tell you exactly what to do (create a free account… TRY IT NOW)
So put this exact 2-step formula into action, and you’ll be able to close more leads and sales!
There are many elements of a good piece of copy.
However, here at SingaporeEntrepreneurs.com, we believe in keeping things simple.
By only focusing on those elements that matter the most… those that have the greatest impact on sales and profits…
We’re able to maximize our business growth, with minimal time and effort.
These 3 elements that we just covered (in this article) have made the most impact for us over the years.
We hope you’ll take these valuable insights and use it to benefit your business too!
Apply these 3 elements of copy (Attention grabbing headline… Benefit-driven bullets… Clear and direct call-to-action)…
And watch your sales and income soar!